In the U09 through U11 age groups, teams in clubs with 2 or more teams in the same age group, teams must request a joint Saturday and/or Sunday.
As of Fall 2015, the U09 through U11 age groups within WAGS will not have the option to request off on a Saturday or Sunday during league play. Teams in age groups U12 through U19 are permitted to request one (1) Sunday and one (1) Saturday off during the league season.
Game Time Change - Starting in Fall 2015, WGS league games may start 1t 8:00am, where field permits allow.
Starting with the spring 2016 fees form, Club Reps, to the best of their ability, are requested to rank each team they are entering into league play with the appropriate designation of either A, B or C. **For example, clubs with 3 teams may have an A, B or C, or they may have two level B teams and a C team. Clubs entering only one team should rank that team in relation to the other teams in the age group. A single team does not necessarily constitute an A level team.
Game Time Change - Games for U-9 through U12 will now begin play at 9:00am
2. Concussions - To be a member in good standings, all clubs must have a concussion policy as of Spring 2015. At a minimum, the policy should encompass:
- Coaching education and certification of concussion awareness. We recommend the CDC’s “Heads Up” online and training and certification ( www.cdc.gov/concussion ). This training takes approximately 30 minutes.
- Parent and Athlete information sheet to be signed by parent and player.
- Basic concussion information.
- As of Fall 2015, clubs must have Return to Play Guidelines as a part of their policy.
Clubs can refer to the 7 clubs already in compliance (DC Stoddert, NVSC, FSC, Culpeper, PWSI, FPYC, MUFC) or they can contact me for assistance.
I would also propose that we build into our game reports, injury reporting. Basic questions would be asked such as did an injury occur during the game (yes/no); type of injury (head, knee, other); how did the injury occur (player to player, player to ball, other); did player return to play (yes/no).
For the tournament, I would propose that all medical tents provide a concussion information form for any head injuries and that parents/player or adult official signs that the player received this information.
3. Game Change Fee - Add a $50.00 Game Change/Administrative Fee to all game changes other than the ones stated in our rules (ODP Game, State Cup Game, Presidents Cup Game, High School Soccer Game). Game Change Request Form must be submitted no later than COB Tuesday for changes for that weekend. Payment must be made within 24 hours of league approval of the request. Game Change Notification will be sent upon receipt of payment.
Following the cancellation of a game for inclement weather or any approved reason (WAGS Rule I.6), the teams will have 72 hours to reschedule the match.
Steps to help you reschedule:
· Contact your field coordinator for options regarding available dates, fields, and time.
- Obtain approval from the opponent
- Both teams must notify the WAGS Administrator. Be sure to include the official WAGS Game Number (example of WAGS number), the date, time, and field for the rescheduled match. Please do not contact the league office until you have final agreement. Send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Both teams, as well as the Referee Assignor will receive an email notification form WAGS once the information has been entered into the data base. If you are unable, to reschedule this match in 72 hours, WAGS will reschedule the match. Once rescheduled, the changes are final.
Teams will continue to have the option to request one Saturday and one Sunday as non-play days each season. Should a team be informed of their acceptance into a tournament subsequent to submitting a schedule request form, but prior to the public release of the schedule, teams may request a schedule adjustment as follows:
1. The team will contact the League office via email and phone to request a change to their previously request byes.
2. Team will provide pertinent information such as the tournament play dates as well as the dates of the originally requested byes.
3. The originally submitted byes will be voided. The scheduling request will be updated to reflect the new dates.
4. Each team will be entitled to only one such request per season (Saturday and Sunday).
This is for USYS-sanctioned tournaments ONLY.
Fall 2007 - Remove
The Membership voted and approved (42-yes/40-no) to approve a $25.00/team/season stipend to all Registrars.
Any WAGS team should be permitted and granted one Sunday scheduling request per season providing the club has sufficient Saturday fields when the request is made.
The membership has voted to delete the Tournament Request Policy as well as the Time Hi/Lo Requests.
Teams will now be permitted to request one (1) Sunday and one (1) Saturday off during the league season.
U-18/U-19 teams will play a seven (7) game schedule in the spring season. The season will be completed prior to Memorial Day.
U-9 through U-10
If, due to inclement weather, the game is stopped by the refereeprior to half time, the game must be replayed in its entirety. If the second half of the game has begun, the score will stand and the game will be considered completed.
U-11 through U-19
If, due to inclement weather, the game is stopped by the referee, the game must be replayed in its entirety regardless of the time stoppage.