Important League Reminders
There will be no game cancellations except in instances of conflicts with MD/VA State Cup competition, President’s Cup, High School soccer game or ODP game (resulting in a roster below 11 players in the U-12 age group and below 13 in the U-13 through U-19 age groups) and inclement weather.
A. Following the cancellation of a game for inclement weather or any approved reason (WAGS Rule I.6), the teams will have 72 hours to reschedule the match.
Steps to help you reschedule:
- Contact your field coordinator for options regarding available dates, fields, and time.
- Obtain approval from the opponent
- Both teams must notify the WAGS Administrator. Be sure to include the official WAGS Game Number (example:92111), the date, time, and field for the rescheduled match. Please do not contact the league office until you have final agreement. Send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Both teams, as well as the Referee Assignor will receive an email notification form WAGS once the information has been entered into the data base. If you are unable, to reschedule this match in 72 hours, WAGS will reschedule the match. Once rescheduled, the changes are final.
In the Spring, U18 and U19 teams will play a shortened season. All matches will be completed prior to Memorial Day Weekend. All other age groups, regardless of division placement, will play a full schedule of matches.
All games must be played by June 8
- On SAT testing, the games will begin at 3:00pm or after for U-16 through U-19 teams.
- On ACT testing, the games will begin at 3:00pm for U-17 through U-19 teams.
- On PSAT testing dates, games will begin at 2:00pm or after for U-15 and U-16 age group
The teams will be responsible for entering the scores and for entering the sportsmanship ratings.
U-9 through U-10
If, due to inclement weather, the game is stopped by the referee prior to half time, the game must be replayed in its entirety. If the second half of the game has begun, the score will stand and the game will be considered completed.
U-11 through U-19
If, due to inclement weather, the game is stopped by the referee prior to halftime, the game must be replayed in its entirety. If the second half of the game has begun, the game will be considered to have been played in its entirety, provided both teams agree. If both teams do not agree, the game shall be rescheduled. This does not include the abandonment of the match.
Recommended Field Size for Small-sided Games
||6 X 18
||6 X 1
Recommendation for Fouls and Misconduct
In the U-09 and U-10 age groups, no caution or send off shall be issued to players. If a child is being too rambunctious, then the game official will ask the coach to make a substitution of that player to give the child a chance to calm down before returning to play.