Fall 2010 Season
Below are some numbers:
· Over 2300 games for the fall season
· 110 teams with coaching conflicts X 9 = 990 ÷ 2 =495 games (approximate) (WAGS/WAGS) (Head Coach)
· Out of 495 games, there is one direct conflict (ex. Team A plays at 1:00pm and Team B plays at 1:00pm). This is amazing considering the number of games and conflicts
· 309 Saturday requests - (this does not include coaching conflicts or state cup)
· 278 Sunday requests - (does not include coaching conflicts or State Cup)
Coaching conflicts was very difficult this season for the reasons listed above. The number of games with a TBD (no field or time) was approximately 50. Approximately 800 more games were changed because of coaching conflicts and field changes. The high number of game changes is due to the fact that we were able to hand schedule games for a longer period of time and make adjustments as needed.
When possible, WAGS does not to begin games for the younger age groups (U-12 and under) prior to 12:00pm on Sundays. This has become very difficult because of the coaching conflicts and other requests. Coaches may have conflicts because of the time that the fields open.
If a head coach has 1 -3 conflicts, we did our best. If they have 4 or more conflicts, submitted a coaching conflict request, and (if applicable) attended the Mandatory Coach Meeting to all U-9 Coaches as well as any coach coaching a new team in WAGS) have them contact me. As for drive time, we tried to give them 1 hour, however if they have a ½ hour drive time, or no drive time, that was the best we could do.
There are no games in WAGS beginning prior to 9:00am on Saturday or Sunday.
Please review the web site regarding state cup, president’s cup, and high school soccer conflicts.
Reminder: Field requirement: 1 field for every 4/5 WAGS/NCSL teams.
CLUB REPS ONLY – Managers/coaches are not permitted to call and close fields.
- Fields must be closed 3 hours prior to game time. (in rules)
- Contact WAGS immediately , no later than three hours prior to kickoff of the first game on the field (9:00am game – call WAGS no later than 6:00am)
- If the field has been closed the night prior, you may contact the league that evening.
- When closing a field, the club rep may give us additional Saturday field dates and times. This must be given to us when the field is closed not the next day. We have games rescheduled almost immediately.
- Contact your teams – they must call their opponents immediately.
- WAGS hotline number is for team primary contacts only. The number is on the team page. Teams are not to give the number to their parents.
There will be a Mandatory Meeting for all NEW team managers all U-09 team managers, teams entering the league from the wait list for the Fall 2010 season and new managers for teams in the U-10/U-13 age group and in the U-17/U-19 age group. This meeting will be held on Saturday, August 28 at the Fairview Park Marriott from 10:00AM-1:00PM and the Sheraton Washington North from 2:00PM-5:00PM. Please refer to our web site for hotel directions.