|
November 18, 1999
Sheraton Premier
WAGS proposed rules changes passed and amended
WAGS BOARD OF DIRECTORS IN ATTENDANCE:
    Kathie Diapoulis (President)
    Walt Lenar (VP-Virginia)
    Bob Dieterle (Treasurer)
    Wendell Domon (R & D Director)
WAGS BOARD OF DIRECTORS ABSENT AND EXCUSED:
    Mike Sybert (Secretary)
    Henry Dubina (VP-Maryland)
WAGS EMPLOYEES IN ATTENDANCE:
    Robin Miller (League Administrator)
CLUBS IN ATTENDANCE:
    ALEX, ARL, ASA, BETH, BFC, BRYC, BSU, CALV, CHAN, CRFT, CSC, CYA, DCST, DSC, FCSC, FPYC, FRED, FREE, FSC, FWAS, GRFL, HERN, HSC, LAUR, LMVSA, LOUD, LRSC, MCLN, MSC, POT, PWSI, REST, SAC, SCB, SEVP, SOTH, SSA, STAF, STER, SWYA, SYC, TASC, VIST, VS, WHCS, WIN, WSC
CLUBS ABSENT:
    ABGC, DAV, MATT, MCSA, OLNY, PSC, SMCS, WALD
This meeting was called to order at 7:40pm by President, Kathie Diapoulis and roll was taken.

League Notes
Officers Reports

Walt Lenar thanked all of the Division Coordinators for their hard work this past season.

Bob Dieterle reviewed the financial report. He stated that there would be an audit done starting on December 2, 1999. Looking into purchasing Treasury Bills.

Wendell Domon noted that there were fewer red cards this season but more cards overall in the League. Also stated that the point accumulation for individual players was higher. Wendell thanked everyone for returning the Referee Evaluation Cards to him. Noted that action will be taken if the referees do not check player passes and coach's passes. The Referee Evaluation Cards need to be revised. The two-referee system is outlawed by FIFA and that is what is stated on the cards.

The majority of complaints that are received are the lack of referees, the inconsistency of the referees and referees not checking player and coach's passes.

Wendell also discussed the Game Report Cards. If a player and/or team official must sit out a game it must be noted on the Game Report Card. If it is not noted the following things may occur.

  1. The team will forfeit if they won, tied, or lost by two (2) or fewer goals
  2. The individual(s) must sit out again the next game
  3. The team and individuals involved may be brought before the R & D Committee if the problem persists
All of the committee members are listed on the web page along with their email addresses and phone numbers. If you are filing protest, it must be in the hands of the Administrator or any member of the committee within 48 hours of the end of the game. Hearings are alternated between Maryland and Virginia.

LEAGUE ADMINISTRATOR REPORT

Robin reviewed what was each Club Rep and team packet. POT was inadvertently put in with ONLY on the Sportsmanship Award List. She stated that POT did receive sportsmanship awards for three (3) of their teams. She apologized for the error. New Winter Office hours are Monday-Friday 9:00am - 1:00pm.

Generally reviewed the forms for the following season then introduced Carol Baker from Demosphere who further elaborated on how the system was to work.

LEAGUE REGISTRATION FORMS

Most forms will be electronically filled out on line, with a few exceptions.

  1. Wait List Application must be pulled off and mailed to the League Office
  2. Division Structure Form must be pulled off and mailed to the League Office
  3. Field Forms will be filled out on line
  4. Scheduling Request Forms will be filled out on line.
  5. Membership Forms are still being decided on if the Club Reps can fill them out on line
Carol stated that the biggest problem everyone had this past season been not being able to read the email addresses.

Question was asked regarding a time/date of the latest update of each Club's Field Loading. It was changing so frequently that the Reps did not know if they had the current list. Carol will check with Jay Baker regarding this.

KAPPA/WAGS TOURNAMENT

Kathie stated that there were order forms for all Club Reps and their teams on the chairs. The League will have first priority before it goes on sale to the public. Quantities are limited so it will be on a first come, first served basis. Kathie asked that the Club Reps distribute the fliers to their teams.

DIVISION STRUCTURE

Kathie stated that the Division Coordinators would be permitted to make a presentation regarding the division structure of their age group to the Board of Directors at the Division Structure meeting in February. She recommended that each division coordinator from the age group have a meeting prior to the Division Structure meeting to agree on the structure of age group rather than having all five coordinators attend this meeting. If there is a major difference of opinion, then the Board of Directors will hear both options.

CLUB REP WORKING SESSION

There will be a Club Rep working Session on FEBRUARY 12, 2000. Please mark your calendars now. This will be an opportunity for everyone to come up with a workable solution to some of the problems in the League. Kathie will invite the Maryland and Virginia State Presidents, SRA's, and Referee Assignors for their input. Kathie expects all Club Reps to make this top priority on your soccer calendars. This will hope to be a very productive event. We will sent out invitations regarding time and location at a later date.

REFEREES

Kathie stated that the League is aware of the referee problem, especially in Northern Virginia, that occurred this season. Unfortunately it is very hard to supply more referees. Kathie has spoken to several people and has come up with some very good ideas on how to improve future coverage.

KID SAFE FORMS Kathie announced that all Virginia teams must sign and return a Kid Safe Form to her acknowledging that they have fulfilled their responsibilities. Kathie had them available at the meeting for anyone needing them.

RULE CHANGES
WAGS proposed rules changes passed and amended

Attached is a copy of housekeeping the proposed rule changes. All rule changes and housekeeping passed with a few oppositions.

Rule I.5 Page 8 - the following Clubs were opposed to the rule change: WSC, ARL, REST

Rule J.8(a) Page 9 - the following Clubs were opposed to the rule change: ARL

GOOD OF THE GAME

Kathie stated that she wanted all in attendance to take time for themselves and their families and enjoy the holidays.

An unknown individual was recognized by Kathie at adjournment and stated that he wanted WAGS to look at Division Structure for U-11. Kathie noted that this item was not on the agenda and the motion on the floor was adjournment.

With no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 10:25pm

© Copyright 2014 Washington Area Girls Soccer League, LTD. All rights reserved.
© Copyright 2014 Demosphere International, Inc. All rights reserved.
Youth Sports WebWriter Websites, Online Registration Management, Tournament and League Scheduling Systems