WAGS PPROPOSED RULE CHANGES
Change Title to: League Rules – Spring 2011
Change Heading to: Spring 2011
Proposed Bylaw Changes
B. The President shall appoint a Nominating Committee consisting of representatives of members of the Association for the purpose of nominating candidates for Officers who shall constitute the Board of Directors.
B.1. The Nominating Committee shall nominate candidate(s) for each office. After
securing the consent of the person(s) nominated, the Committee shall immediately report their nominations to the Board of Directors in writing, no later than May 15.
B.2. Additional nominations may be made upon written petition of a member eligible
to vote and with the attestation by the nominee of his willingness to serve. Such
petitions shall be submitted to the Chair of the Nominating Committee.
B.3. If there is no candidate by the deadline, individuals may be nominated from the floor, in which case, the forgoing provisions relating to nominations shall be suspended.
F. All vacancies among the Board of Directors, however occurring, may be temporarily filled by a majority vote of the remaining Board of Directors, although the remaining Board of Directors may be less than a quorum.
G. All vacancies among the Board of Directors, however occurring, may be temporarily filled by a majority vote of the remaining Board of Directors, although the remaining Board of Directors may be less than a quorum. Vacancies among the Corporate Officers shall be filled by majority vote of the members present at the next AGM after the vacancy occurs.
C. CLUB ENTRY AND OBLIGATIONS
1. b. a. Once entry of the Club is approved, they may enter teams.
1. b. b. Any club not providing sufficient fields (1 field for every 4 WAGS/NCSL teams) will not be permitted to enter any new teams. One field is defined as five (5) game slots.
2. Any Club in good standing with the League, which at the start of the WAGS Season, does not have any team entered for League play, on any WAGS Sit-Out List will be placed on an Inactive Status. While on Inactive Status, the Member Club may enter teams for League play, put a team on a Sit-Out List in accordance with all other WAGS Rules and be removed from Inactive Status. Any Member Club which is placed on Inactive Status at the beginning of the Spring Season of play and is still on Inactive Status at the beginning of the following Spring Season of play will be expelled from the League. Any Club which is placed on Inactive Status at the beginning of the Fall Season of play and is still on Inactive Status at the beginning of the following Fall Season of play will be expelled from the League. Each club so expelled must apply for entry as a new club in accordance with WAGS Rules.
2. Team Rosters –
a. The Official State Association Team Roster or a WAGS Provisional Roster shall be used for WAGS play. The Roster shall be submitted, to the designated Registrar, with an original and one (1) copy for all teams along with completed USYS or MSYSA Secondary Player Passes. See your Registration Manual for requirements of proof of birth. Every team must designate at least three (3) participating adults to assume responsibility for the team.
4. C. U-13 through U-19 Structure
- U-13 through U-19 will play 11 v 11
- Seeding, scores, and standings will be published.
D. Club Pass Procedure
There will be no separate club pass issued. All guest players will provide their current USYS or MSYSA Secondary player pass to the hosting team on game day. Guest player’s name must be included on Game Report Card submitted to the referee. An asterisk (*) must be placed next to the guest players on the Game Report Card.
Reason: Change from C to D.
G. DIVISION SIZE & STRUCTURE
- Each club shall be allowed a maximum of two (2) teams per Age Group. A club may petition the WAGS Board of Directors to add a third (3) team provided that the club has sufficient fields as stated in WAGS Rule C.1.b.b. A club may petition the WAGS Board of Directors to add an EXISTING WAGS team to their club. Teams from Clubs with presently more than two (2) teams in an Age Group will be allowed to remain in WAGS. In the U-12 age group, scores will be kept in the fall season for the purpose of seeding the teams in the Spring Season. Beginning Spring 2011, divisions 1 through 5 will have a cap of 50 teams. All teams ranking 51 and below will be placed in a pre-divisional program.
a. In the case of 5 teams or less participating in the pre-divisional program, the WAGS Board of Directors will have the discretion of waiving the 50 team cap.
3. Each Age Group (except U-9 through U-13) will drop a maximum of five (5) teams from its lowest division to compete in the pre-divisional program. Pre-divisional program will consist of teams from each age group ranking 51 and below.
4. Teams in the U-9 through U-13 Age Groups are expected to play both Seasons each seasonal year.
H. STANDINGS & AWARDS
a. single division, games will be scheduled randomly by the Demosphere data base and the top 5 teams move up. Invite teams on the wait list into the pre-divisional program. Teams will receive a refund if they do not want to enter the league for the Spring 2011 season. 7 days to submit league fees.